Casa Deportiva Cumbre Alta (CDCA) is seeking a TESOL instructor. The position is being created with the purpose of accomplishing the following vision.
Vision: Cumbre Alta is dedicated to reaching the highest level of Ecuadorian sports as we share Christ with those in our sphere of influence.
TESOL Instructor will be expected to commit to the following:
- Consistently and effectively share the love of Christ with every player instructed and the community at large.
- Disciple and mentor team members.
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies that would allow students to reach a college level English.
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in English.
- Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress towards full language acquisition.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of student progress and evidence of growth and progress.
- Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students.
- Prepare students for college entrance exams such as ACT, SAT and TOEFL exams.
- Communicate efficiently with players and parents regarding activities related to the TESOL instruction received.
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills, including attending professional development conferences, and work towards the highest license in your field.
- Be an ambassador for CDCA within the local community.
- Accomplish other tasks as assigned by club management.
Qualifications for the ideal soccer coach:
- Passionate about following Jesus Christ and making disciples.
- Passionate to achieve the club’s vision.
- Outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Sensitivity to the development stages and well being of English language learners.
- The ability to work with a diversity of individuals and groups.
- Excellent problem solving skills to analyze issues and create action plans.
- The ability to adapt to changing work priorities and maintain flexible working hours.
- Bachelor’ degree required in field TESOL.
If you do not meet some of the criteria desired above but feel like God has called you to work with CDCA we encourage you to contact the club director, Nathan Taube, at email@example.com.